Make a Bloody Mary better? By replacing the vodka with tequila. This rule of thumb applies to almost any drink that uses vodka or gin. The combination of spicy tomato juice, chocolate bitter with tequila is so natural that you'll wonder why this brunch staple was ever made with anything else. If you have Clamato on hand, it wouldn't hurt to spruce it up.
- 6 ounces Bloody Mary mix
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 6 dashes of chocolate-chili bitters
- Agave nectar and flake sea salt or sal de gasano, for rimming glass (optional)
- Rim half of a chilled Collins glass in agave nectar, followed by salt.
- Put all other ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake vigorously for 11 seconds.
- Pour into your rimmed glass over four ice cubes, and stir with a bar spoon.